Liquor License Applications require the approval of both the City of Castle Pines and the State of Colorado, Department of Revenue, Liquor Enforcement Division.
New Liquor License Applications
- The process generally takes three months to complete.
- All forms can be found on the state's website.
- Once a complete application is received, a hearing will be set for a date a minimum of 30 days later.
- Applicants are required to file a Petition displaying the needs and desires of the neighborhood.
- For further information, contact Tobi Basile, City Clerk.
Liquor License Renewals
- Applications will be mailed directly to the licensee from the State of Colorado
- Applications, corresponding documents, State Fees and City Fees must be submitted to the City Clerk no later than 45 days prior to the expiration of the current license
- Late renewal applications will incur penalties from both the City of Castle Pines and the State of Colorado
Changes of the following must be reported to the City Clerk prior to occurring:
- Change in the Registered Manager
- Change in Corporate Structure
- Change in Trade Name
- Change in partnership or LLC member
- Modification of premises (physical changes to the location)
- Sale of business/transfer of ownership
- Change in location