Castle Pines CARES Small Business Grant
Castle Pines Cares Small Business Grant
The City of Castle Pines established the Castle Pines CARES Small Business Grant to reimburse small businesses within the City limits for the cost of employment or business interruption caused by required ordered closures due to COVID-19.
The City intends to award grants of up to $5,000 to businesses who are eligible and qualified as described below. The amount of each award depends on the demonstrated cost of employment or business interruption due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the total number of grant applicants. All grant award decisions are final.
To be eligible for a grant award, a business must:
- Have suffered employment or business interruptions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. This could be related to closures or a decline in customers due to COVID-19 – details of impacts are required on the grant application.
- Be a small business – defined as those with 25 full-time employees or less
- Have a physical and publicly accessible location (store-front) in the City
- Be a retail or personal services business, defined as follows:
- Retail business – generates and remits sales tax to the City
- Personal services business – for example: nail/hair, fitness, dry cleaner services
- Have a current City business license
- Be current with filing and payment of sales tax returns, if applicable
- Be registered and in good standing with the Colorado Secretary of State
- Be operating in accordance with applicable laws, including public health orders
Additional eligibility information
- Nonprofit organizations are ineligible
- Professional service businesses are ineligible – for example: investment advisors, accountants, real estate agencies, insurance agencies
- Home-based businesses are ineligible
Grant program schedule
Applications are currently being accepted
Wednesday, Dec. 30 - Grant award notifications will be made no later than Dec. 30.
Grant Application Requirements
Grant applications will be reviewed by representatives from City Council, City staff, and the Castle Pines Chamber of Commerce.
- A complete grant application must be emailed to the City. Incomplete grant applications will be ineligible
- Businesses must submit documentation in support of the business interruption claims made in the grant application
- Businesses must agree to submit to a program audit upon the City’s request
- Businesses must agree to reimburse the City for any awarded Castle Pines CARES Grant funds should an audit result in findings that do not support the claims made in the grant application
- Businesses must provide a completed W-9 form
- All grant award decisions made by the City are final
Funding for the Castle Pines CARES Small Business Grant comes from the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. Funds used to support this program must be expended by the City by December 30, 2020. While the City of Castle Pines intends to award grants in amounts up to $5,000 to eligible and qualified businesses, actual amounts may exceed that amount. Grant amounts will be determined by the number of businesses who apply and qualify and demonstrated financial need. Grant awards and amount decisions will be determined by a panel of representatives from the City of Castle Pines and the Castle Pines Chamber of Commerce. All grant decisions are final.
Questions can be directed to email@example.com or 303-705-0210.