In August, Elk Ridge Park was repeatedly vandalized. Vandalism to public space ruins the overall park experience and requires the use of your tax dollars for repairs.
Below is a list of damages the City has repaired or cleaned up:
- Porta potty
- Irrigation system to the weather station
- Musical drum on the playground
- Public bathroom locks
- Public bathroom plumbing
- Foundation flashing at the bottom of the storage building
- Retaining wall near the playground
- Broken glass scattered throughout the park
As we continue to work together during these tough times, we must remind ourselves and one another, to take pride in our community. Let’s encourage each other to keep Castle Pines beautiful and take pride in our community.
If you come across vandalism while enjoying the City’s parks and trails, contact the Douglas County Sheriff or the City of Castle Pines. If you or someone you know witnesses damage or has information regarding vandalism damage, contact the Douglas County Sheriff at 303-660-7505.